- Disable by default message confirmation after snapshot and AVI video capture, but leave the option there for those who want to enable it (joncampbell123).
- Remove “LOG: Logging output has been disabled.” output when -nolog is specified on the command line (joncampbell123).
- Fix stuck Ins key problems by fixing a typo in src/ints/bios_keyboard.cpp. The code is supposed to clear the “Ins key down” flag, but instead cleared all bits EXCEPT “Ins key down” (joncampbell123).
- NE2000 macaddr default is now “random”, which instructs the NE2000 hardware at startup to pick a random MAC address. (joncampbell123).
- IPX: If NE2000 and IPX are enabled, and an IPX tunneling connection is active, and the user boots a guest OS, switch on a mode where all IPX packets going to and coming from the guest are re-routed through the IPX tunnel instead of to the NE2000 ethernet backend. This feature makes it possible to play IPX-based games in a guest OS like MS-DOS and Windows 95. (joncampbell123).
- IPX: Add extension to server to allow clients to register their own MAC address instead of using the default MAC address given by their IP address and port number. The extension is designed so that if DOSBox-X is a client to another DOSBox fork’s IPX tunneling server, it will be ignored and DOSBox-X will get the usual MAC address instead. This extension is required for guest OSes to be able to use the IPX protocol through the NE2000 card given upcoming code changes as they normally use the network card MAC address when picking an IPX address because the IPX interface is not available once booted into a guest OS. (joncampbell123).
- IPX client: If both IPX and NE2000 emulation are enabled, IPX emulation will use the NE2000 card’s MAC address instead. It will use the IPX server DOSBox-X extension to try. If it doesn’t work, then the normal MAC address assignment is accepted without complaint. (joncampbell123).
- NE2000: Add “nothing” backend. It receives nothing and send packets go nowhere. If no other backend is available, this backend is a fallback so that at least the NE2000 emulation can work. The other purpose of a nothing callback is to give NE2000 something to talk to for those who wish to use the upcoming IPX packet redirection to link DOS and Windows games over the IPX client or server connection to other instances of DOSBox. (joncampbell123)
- Added record function to capture NE2000 network traffic to a pcap/Wireshark file in the capture directory. (joncampbell123)
- Fixed bug where guest VM reset causes the CMOS to stop ticking for exactly the amount of time it was running before reset. (joncampbell123)
- Added alarm interrupt function to RTC CMOS emulation (joncampbell123)
- Reverted DOS to using the BIOS_DATA tick count for time and the cached copy of date it keeps internally, rather than always calling INT 1Ah. It turns out that is how DOS actually behaves, which is also why it is possible for the DOS and CMOS RTC to diverge. Fix CMOS emulation to allow get/set time and to run in emulation time, not real time, though the clock starts from the host time. (joncampbell123)
- Fixed VHD disk image calculation of footer position and, thus, of newly allocated block position. (maxpat78)
- Enhanced Dynamic and Differencing VHD support #4273 (maxpat78)
- Imported IBM Music Feature Card support from DOSBox Staging. (Allofich)
- Fix IMGMAKE large size image error on MinGW builds (maron2000)
- Set usescancodes=true when non-US keyboards are detected. (Linux / MacOS builds) (maron2000)
- Fix day of week detection (INT 21h function 0x2Ah). (maron2000)
- Refine KEYB and CHCP command (maron2000)
- Use segment descriptor’s big flag (if present) when disassembling code in the debugger code view (cimarronm)
- Add decoding of rdmsr/wrmsr instructions to disassembler (cimarronm)
- Fix disassembly for far jmp/call decoding (cimarronm)
- Fix memory limits on expand-down segment descriptors (cimarronm)
- Bump tinyfiledialog to ver 3.13.3 (maron2000)
- Fix mouse column limit on text mode (issue #4353) (maron2000)
- Fix Blocek launching failure (issue #4385) (maron2000)
- Bump in-tree FreeType library to ver 2.13.1 (maron2000)
- Enable debugger function for MinGW builds (maron2000)
DOSBox-X 2023.09.01 Release Notes
Release Date: September 1, 2023
Please report any issues in our issue tracker.
Also, make sure to check out our Wiki guide.
New in This Version
|Previous release: 2023.05.01 (release notes)|